Figuring It Out

Guest goldentree0

Question

Guest goldentree0

Here's the thing, I've only really questioned being part of the community since the beginning of the year, and pervious to that, I assumed that I did have crushes or liked people. Before this stage, I thought I was bisexual because I liked people equally and felt a connection with both. However, I can't picture myself in a relationship with either, and it made me so confused as to why I even felt that way. You know when people say that they really like someone, and they can just "tell"? That never made sense to me, the whole concept of dating really. Actually, even with me saying this, I still want to be with someone, but I'm scared that if I don't resolve this feeling I have then I might never date or get together with someone. Although, the idea of being physically close, despite my past, bothers me.

So I suppose the real question is, how do I figure this all out? I'm just lost with all this, so I don't really have anywhere else to go and ask.

2 answers to this question

What worked for me was a lot of reading. Listening to others experiences, trying to figure out what label you fall under, or if you fall under one at all. 
Ask others, online or in person. I’ve asked a lot of my friends what the difference between platonic love and romantic love is and they mostly gave me the answer that you got, so I dunno! 
And lastly, take your time!! It’s okay to be confused or questioning, that’s perfectly normal! And if it helps, you can always try on different labels or make your own personal definition for how you feel. 
We can help/answer questions, so stick around! Good luck on your journey ❤️ 

• Like 1

still wanting to be with someone but not getting dating and being close bothering you, that seems to come up a lot around here. However there are ways to work with that. What I would suggest is working out what in particular you would or would not be comfortble with if you were to get in to some form of relationship. This could at least give you some idea of how to get closer to what you want. Maybe look at what other people's ideas for a qpr are and how they sort out some form of relationship which they are comfortable with.

The other thing is to ask yourself why it is you scared about never dating or getting together with someone. For example if the fear is to do with loneliness how can you adjust your friend groups to make that seem less of a worry. maybe it turns out never getting together isnt that worrying.