New and confused!

Kharina

Hi all,

I'm new here!  I've been on AVEN for a little while and I'm pretty sure I fall somewhere on both the asexual and aromantic spectrums, but I still feel very confused as I've not had a relationship so feel I can't be entirely sure until I've tried (I was, and then a friend who until then hadn't had any relationships either and felt somewhat similar started online dating and quickly realised she was both romantic and sexual, which made me realise how much things can change).  I'm trying online dating again with my ace status out there this time, but still not massively keen on it, something in me just seems to go 'ugh, no' and it feels like a chore.  This forum seems really helpful for finding out more about aromanticism, which may help my confusion?  Maybe?

Outside orientations, I'm a woman from the UK who loves horse riding, reading, walking, wildlife/nature, cooking, very amateur singing in choirs and dance.  Not sure what else to put here really, except hello and looking forward to 'meeting' you :)

• Like 1

Hello! Welcome! 
I, personally, don’t think you have to try a romantic or sexual relationship if you don’t want to. If you feel comfortable and/or like you have to try to validate/confirm your identity, then go for it. However, I’ve never felt the need. Test dating wasn’t needed or wanted. 

Good luck with figuring out your confusion! I’m sure you’ll find what works for you. 

I also love cooking. Here, have a cookie!

?

Welcome and nice to meet you :) "New and confused" could describe a lot of us when we first came here so I hope you can find some voices that speak to you here