New to this identity

yancy

Hi all! I recently fully realized that I'm arospec (I questioned before but I think I denied it a lot). I am technically grayro (in the sense that I barely ever have romantic feelings and when I do they're usually very weak and fade quickly) and demiro as I've never felt anything for someone I didn't form a friendship with before, but I think arospec feels like the right label for me personally.

I found this forum from AVEN and both that site and this have made me feel much more normal so far.

Welcome there mate! Really glad that you found this and made you feel better. Cheers and here have this ice cream (Insert tasty image of an ice cream)

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome. ?

27 minutes ago, ScarfOfSexualPreference said:

It's nice to know that you don't have to want a relationship, right? 

It has been very validating. I can personally want relationships (I'm in a relationship with one of the two people I've ever truly been romantically attracted to and she's absolutely wonderful) but realizing that it's normal to not really feel the way about romance most people seem to has been really nice.

8 minutes ago, Blake said:

Welcome there mate! Really glad that you found this and made you feel better. Cheers and here have this ice cream (Insert tasty image of an ice cream)

Thanks so much! I appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Magnhildr said:

Hey :) am new to this identity too and it's great to have some word to put to it (plus many new words!).

Heya, welcome to you as well then! Yes, I'm trying not to get too overwhelmed trying to learn a bunch of terminology all at once lol

2 hours ago, yancy said:

Heya, welcome to you as well then! Yes, I'm trying not to get too overwhelmed trying to learn a bunch of terminology all at once lol

Yes, the vocab is quite extensive, buuuuut it is not you have to learn it all. Just step by step, and if you forget it is fine, jus look it up again and thats it, sooner or later it will stick ^^. At least that is what I do, cuz mate, it can really be overwhelming for anyone.

10 hours ago, Blake said:

Yes, the vocab is quite extensive, buuuuut it is not you have to learn it all. Just step by step, and if you forget it is fine, jus look it up again and thats it, sooner or later it will stick ^^. At least that is what I do, cuz mate, it can really be overwhelming for anyone.

Lol thank you! Yeah, I'm trying not to worry about it too much. Right now what I'm trying to do is just learn the terminology as it comes up in order to respect people's identities and I guess I'll learn!