Donations are open!

Momo

So, back when the elections were going on I promised to provide a way for people who were pledging money to help the forum to provide it. Today is the day that happens!

First however, I have an apology to make. Since the migration, there has been a half dozen or so downtimes. I have monitoring software on the server and I want to assure everyone that the only downtimes I'm aware of are directly because I messed up server settings and was on hand to fix things as quickly as possible.  I'm sorry if this has caused anyone any problems, but things will get better as we move forward and server configuration becomes more stable.

Second, I want to make clear that the forums are not in danger of closing down for the foreseeable future. Especially in the current climate of great uncertainty, please only donate what you can afford to.

Now, on to the business end of this topic. I want to be as transparent as possible with everyone before taking their money but what this looks like exactly will probably change a little depending on exactly how generous everyone is during this initial round of donations. To that end however, I want to share what the bills look like as of today. All dollar values are in USD unless specified otherwise.

Once off migration costs:

1. Invision License ($300 - Forum + Pages)

Ongoing costs:

1. Invision License ($40 / 6 months)
  2. Webserver Costs ($70~80 / month)
  3. Domain ($12 / year)
  4. Email ($10 / year)

That's about $80~85 a month, total.

The team has already raised $150 from team members but now we're opening up to everyone who wants to contribute and a big thank you in advance to those who do. Thank you also to the people who can't - thank you for making these forums a place where people want to come to talk and to share.

To donate, use the button in the menu at the top of the page.

If you have any questions, then please either ask below, send me a DM or my email details are on the staff page.

• Like 2