Do You Understand Relationship Chemistry?

RedNeko

I suck at sensing chemistry between people... real people or fictional characters.  When others speak of people having chemistry, I'm always like "What?!?  How?  What do you mean?".  I am chemistry clueless, folks!  That may be due to a lot of things... I'm autistic, so I'm very socially inept and socially detached, as well as being unable to interpret facial expressions, body language, and vocal tone.  I'm asexual and sex-repulsed, so I'm quite blind to sexual cues.  I'm aromantic, so romantic cues don't interest me enough to observe them.  With all of that combined, it's no wonder that I can't sense sexual/romantic chemistry.   

I'm a decent judge of chemistry. I wouldn't say I "Understand" it though, I have no idea how to explain why good chemistry happens. like generally speaking, people getting along, and feeling interested in each other. the former is easier to observe, but the latter some people don't even understand, and just ignore entirely, lol. I notice the latter from noticing people's emotions and moods revealed by the tensions and movements in their bodies and recently, face too... but I'm kinda of sensitive to that sort of stuff because, ironically I suppose, of the way I am neuro-atypical. I'm guessing people who call it some kind of aura or energy just don't notice that they're picking up on that? Idk. 

Archived