Aromantic representation

So... I was watching Star Trek: The Next Generation today and I don't know, but I guess I always thought Captain Picard was (maybe) aro? He's had love interests in the past but I thought he might have just been confused. Well anyway, I was watching the episode Qpid where his love interest from the past season comes back *, and he's TOTALLY IN LOVE. Like 100%! This kind of totally crushed me because I always liked him for being the LEAST romantic character on Star Trek. 

Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

* For people who haven't seen Star Trek: The Next Generation: Captain Picard is one of the least romantic people ever. And now it turns out he was just being professional and hiding his feelings...

I was recently watching Isn't it romantic and I loved the movie! Except for the last 15 minutes or so... The movie makes fun of society's obsession with romance and rom-coms in general and a big part of the plot is that the main character realizes that she should just love herself, which is a great message. But in the last 15 minutes of the movie she realizes that wow she has been in love with her best friend for a very long time and wow now she can finally be completely happy ?. So it's a great movie if you ignore the last 15 minutes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 12:19 PM, Philotes said:

I was recently watching Isn't it romantic and I loved the movie! Except for the last 15 minutes or so... The movie makes fun of society's obsession with romance and rom-coms in general and a big part of the plot is that the main character realizes that she should just love herself, which is a great message. But in the last 15 minutes of the movie she realizes that wow she has been in love with her best friend for a very long time and wow now she can finally be completely happy ?. So it's a great movie if you ignore the last 15 minutes. 

Based on the setup of the movie it was kinda obvious to me that they'd get together. But because of this it would have been great if they went against expectations and didn't do it.

It's very enjoyable movie otherwise though. I used a clip from it in my compilation video aromantic moments

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Holmbo said:

Based on the setup of the movie it was kinda obvious to me that they'd get together. But because of this it would have been great if they went against expectations and didn't do it.

Yeah probably but I guess I still had hope hahaha

I really like your compilation!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...