Hello

Phoenixflame

Hi, my name is Nix I'm a college student who decided to check out AVEN for the first time in a few years and found it was just full of heteroromantic asexuals and their partners posting about things that I can't relate to whatsoever. I got fed up and did some research until I found this place, I don't really know what to expect, I haven't been on a forum in a long time.

Hi Nix! Welcome to Arocalypse! I've heard of AVEN but I never actually checked it out fully because I found out about Arocalypse first but I can assure you it's nothing like that. If anything, most people here are both aromantic and asexual. Though I identify as Aromantic heterosexual so you'll find a much more diverse community here even if it it's smaller than AVEN. :D

5 hours ago, Phoenixflame said:

it was just full of heteroromantic asexuals and their partners posting about things that I can't relate to whatsoever.

That is the exact reason my AVEN account is basically inactive. The aromantic forum there seems to have basically nothing to do with the aromantic experience...last time I looked at it it seemed to all be about relationship advice and 'label me' topics. 

Welcome! Arocalypse is fairly chill. I feel much more comfortable here so I hope you do to :) 

There are a lot of surveys and polls around at the moment but I'm sure you will find some interesting things if you dig in the forums :aropride:

Archived