Aromantic themed fic recs

So we already have a topic about headcanons, why not to add one for the fanworks?

As the mainstream media does not really care or not even aware of arospec people, I guess we have to write our own representation. Anybody knows any good fics with aromantic and/or ace themes, please step forward.

We need positive and realistic aromantic representation. We need our stories every now and then everybody needs to see themselves as the hero, to feel accepted.

:Dbook.gif

Vinny Gets a Life is an original work posted on AO3 about an asexual pro hockey player navigating his (seemingly) unrequited feelings for his best friend/teammate and his lack of sexual attraction to him as well as his relationships with the other players on his team. It's definitely a romance, but it has a happy ending and does a great job representing romantic asexuality and the difference between romantic and sexual love. The characters are super lovable and it's not preachy or awkward about the ace stuff. I've read it like 4 times and I love it. 

So this is a Fullmetal Alchemist fanfic series about demisexuality http://archiveofourown.org/series/343225

I actually cried the first time I read this series because it was the first time I had seen an a-anything spectum representent explicitly in any media; I didn't care it was fan-made media I was just happy it existed. But because of that, I'm not really sure if it's any good or not because I have so much extra meaning attatched to it.

I've never seen a representation of aromanticism I've actually liked. The main place I looked was in the Supernatural fandom for aro!Dean, but it was all written by Destiel shippers and was about Dean and Cas getting into a QPR, so it just felt like a romance story that so happened to use different words (of course, they're perfectly entitled to write that, it just wasn't what I was looking for). What I wanted was a story where Dean was accepting of being aromantic and relied on his familial connections, both blood and outside of blood, as his emotional support in life, and valuing them above all else (because that's how I see the show, minus canon aromantic).

Archived