New Chat

Blue Phoenix Ace

Invision decided to stop support for the current chat system. I found a nice plugin that does pretty much the same thing, plus it allows moderators to moderate the channel as well. I have allowed guests to enter chat and speak, since I believe this is how it was setup before. If you have trouble with that let me know. If you have any other feedback about the chat, also please let me know. There are probably other plugins I could try out, but as far as customization of colors in this particular plugin, I don't have any control over that. It seems to follow the same color scheme you pick from the themes at the bottom of the page though.

The moderation and the layout I've found isn't that great. It seems more like a shoutbox than an actual chat, and the moderation controls are rather lacking. All in all the layout and the mod controls are just horrible

I haven't noticed anyone using the inbuilt chat room for months. Everyone who wants to chat these days goes on the discord server (link in my signature) simply because it's way more functional.

1 hour ago, Zemaddog said:

I haven't noticed anyone using the inbuilt chat room for months. Everyone who wants to chat these days goes on the discord server (link in my signature) simply because it's way more functional.

Well, the chat is actually useful for keeping the Arocalypse user base engaged, and not everyone has a Discord. I do like chatting in Arocalypse chat once in a while.

Also that is a very shameless plug for your own discord group

12 minutes ago, Robin said:

Well, the chat is actually useful for keeping the Arocalypse user base engaged, and not everyone has a Discord. I do like chatting in Arocalypse chat once in a while.

This is true. It just so happens that the people who would normally be in chat all the time are on discord. Which means that it doesn't attract any new users to join chat because nobody wants to enter an empty chat room.

12 minutes ago, Robin said:

Also that is a very shameless plug for your own discord group

Shameless plug or not, I was stating facts.

I decided to disallow guests from chatting in the room. Previously, we had a clear indicator of who had joined the channel. But now, we have no idea. Rather than allow mysterious people to come in and spy with members totally unaware, I decided to disallow them from entering the channel.

Archived