How can we call it?

Hi guys!

I really feel a lucky person because I'm in a relationship (I won't define it as romantic relationship because I don't see it like that) with a very patient and sensitive boy, it's been 7 months. It's my first experience and I've explored my sexuality and my romantic orientation so much, we discusw a lot about it and he's always curious to know my points of view. Now I consider myself greysexual (I barely feel the need to have sex) and aromantic, be knows it and accept it despite he's allo :)

The fact is I feel completely comfortable at not labeling our relationship as romantic (I will never name him as my boyfriend) but he sometimes has this problem especially when he's talking to someone and doesn't know how to define me. I asked him not to say I'm his girlfriend because it makes me feel so bad and sick in the stomach, but I understand he feels uncomfortable at describing me as a friend.

I don't see it as a romantic relationship at all, yet he's a special person that I like to cuddle and spend time with, he's totally okay with it but sometimes this discourse about the label pops off and we can't find a solution!

How would you define a strong bond between an aroace and an alloromantic?

Do you two like the term QPR? It's the most frequent way to call a strong bond that isn't romantic and isn't "typical friendship", similar to what you describe. 

30 minutes ago, Ekaterina said:

Do you two like the term QPR? It's the most frequent way to call a strong bond that isn't romantic and isn't "typical friendship", similar to what you describe. 

I've thought about it but I don't think it would make him comfortable, plus I don't live in a English-speaking country so it may sound a ljttle weird to tell...? 😅

2 hours ago, CORALINE said:

I've thought about it but I don't think it would make him comfortable, plus I don't live in a English-speaking country so it may sound a ljttle weird to tell...? 😅

Why do you think it wouldn't be comfortable for him? And what is the language native to you two if you don't mind telling? 

I use partner. My partner enjoys having some kind of label that sets them apart from others, and partner feels the least romantic to me, so that's what we use. It's a compromise, but their important to me, so I don't mind.

On 5/21/2024 at 3:24 PM, Ekaterina said:

Why do you think it wouldn't be comfortable for him? And what is the language native to you two if you don't mind telling? 

I guess it's above all because you have to constantly explain whaty a QPR is to people you're talking to, like when I have to introduce someone to him what am I supposed to say? "He's my queerplatonic partner"...? ^^ Maybe it's just a stupid doublt after all haha!

I prefer not to share the country I live in, anyway Southern Europe

On 5/23/2024 at 7:00 PM, Dark Confidant said:

I use partner. My partner enjoys having some kind of label that sets them apart from others, and partner feels the least romantic to me, so that's what we use. It's a compromise, but their important to me, so I don't mind.

Oh yes I get you, I also try to use the most neutral words to describe our bond such as "relationship" (that doesn't necessarily mean romantic relationship) but sometimes it's hard for me because of my total reject for any romantic term ^^"

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2024 at 4:44 PM, CORALINE said:

Oh yes I get you, I also try to use the most neutral words to describe our bond such as "relationship" (that doesn't necessarily mean romantic relationship) but sometimes it's hard for me because of my total reject for any romantic term ^^"

I've even used "arrangement" before 😅 That one sounds worse than neutral out loud lol.