Are my feelings valid

Guest Anonymous

Question

Guest Anonymous

I'm aroace (identified) should I keep my options open since i'm still young (14)??

I've already started puberty for ~2 years

4 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

Hey! I would say that if your peers are old enough to know that they experience sexual and romantic attraction then you are probably old enough to know that you don't (to whatever degree that may be). In saying that, things do sometimes happen later in teenhood and it's important to recognise that. 

Long story short, you are allowed to identify however you want. If using aro ace labels feels right to you, then by all means use them. Nobody will get mad if you change your labels in the future, promise.

Edited by allhailtheglowcloud
  • Like 1

I'm 12 and identify as aroace, so if you think that its the right label for you, go for it! But if you ever find a label that fits better, don't be afraid to 'try it on for size'.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, allhailtheglowcloud said:

Hey! I would say that if your peers are old enough to know that they experience sexual and romantic attraction then you are probably old enough to know that you don't (to whatever degree that may be). In saying that, things do sometimes happen later in teenhood and it's important to recognise that. 

Long story short, you are allowed to identify however you want. If using aro ace labels feels right to you, then by all means use them. Nobody will get mad if you change your labels in the future, promise.

:DD agree, many ppl change their labels over time, no one is the same for like their entire life.

Edited by SirWalterTheThird

Are you upset about not experiencing attraction or desperately want a "normal" relationship? If not then I don't see why you should keep yourself "open" to a relationship.