what is UP aros!

Hi hello hi!

I'm sailor, i'm 89% sure i have an old account on here but meh! we like new starts. He/they for me, with a strong preference for he/him but never mad to be they/themmed so to speak. Aroqueer, trans-masc, anarchist i guess, norwegian. Knew i was asexual as a young-un (actually, thought i was pan first, because i mis-identified my lack of attraction as equal attraction to everyone); was in denial of being aro for a LONG time before realising it's actually hella cool being aro 8) now i primarily identify as Aromantic as a whole, asexuality is kind of secondary in my mind, hence the aroqueer label. i adore fictional romance, so i'm one of those aros haha.

i'm a bartender at a comparatively chill pub-style place, in a 300 year old building. my current Thing I Want To Master is sewing, specifically to repair clothes and to make plushies for friends. I'm also really getting into goth/dark wave, and realising a lot of the music i already liked from the 80s fit that genre - if you know some more recent bands and artists, feel free to recommend them!

I'm just in general missing having and being involved in a community, i miss having people around me who knows about this whole mess. So here i am! I have a tendency to get involved in online communities, get intense about it for a few weeks, not log on for one (1) day and deciding everyone hates me anyway so i shouldn't bother. so my plan is to take this slow and not get like.... hyperfocused i guess? anyway hi hello excited to be here!

• Like 4

Nice to meet you. As far as current goth and darkwave goes, I recommend Psyche Corporation, Astrophysics, Exist Trace, Moi Dix Mois, Buck-Tick, and Unlucky Morpheus. The Cure is also still pretty active. If you're interested in joining the goth subculture, I recommend also exploring gothic literature, film, and video games.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

Nice to meet you. As far as current goth and darkwave goes, I recommend Psyche Corporation, Astrophysics, Exist Trace, Moi Dix Mois, Buck-Tick, and Unlucky Morpheus. The Cure is also still pretty active. If you're interested in joining the goth subculture, I recommend also exploring gothic literature, film, and video games.

thank you! the Cure is on of those i listened to loads before i learnt they're considered goth haha. do you have any recs for video games by any chance?

1 hour ago, SailorsDelight said:

thank you! the Cure is on of those i listened to loads before i learnt they're considered goth haha. do you have any recs for video games by any chance?

Definitely the Castlevania series, they’re pretty much the pinnacle of goth video games. Also Devil May Cry (especially the first one), maybe Vampire Hunter D on the PS1 if you’re brave enough to deal with that damn sewer level lol

• Thanks 1