How many labels is too many!

I feel like there are several labels that fit me in one way or another, probably a good dozen or so. I'd like to attempt to list them all and what parts of them I feel to make some sense of it because it really is very confusing. I've left off any that I'm unsure of the definition of or don't know fully if I feel at all.

Affecturomantic: my aromanticism is almost certainly heavily influenced by being autistic af

Aegoromantic: I've always enjoyed romance in media but I get uncomfortable with it in a real life situation

Bellusromantic: I love cuddling and hugging and kissing, it feels good to me, I enjoy it, however I can't stand the thought of committing to a romantic relationship, and the idea of it, when it gets brought up, ends up stripping away any feelings I might have had for the person

Caedoromantic: thinking back on it I really feel like there might have been a time when I was alloromantic, and my past trauma from romantic experiences may have had an impact on my current aromanticism.

Cupioromantic: as much as I'd like to feel something that I see other people enjoying, I do not feel romantic attraction, I have tried several times with people of all different genders and it has always felt wrong and uncomfortable.

(It was at this point when I realized there were far too many to make complex well thought out descriptions for so we'll just make a list from here on out...)

Dreadromantic

Greyromantic

Idemromantic

Limnoromantic

Loveless aro

Nebularomantic

Platoniromantic

Post rubor

Quasiromantic

Quoiromantic

*confused aro noises*

This isn't even a truly comprehensive list I should add

There were several I left off because I just don't feel like I have enough experience to say one way or the other but still feel somewhat strongly towards.

I am a confusing mess.

I think most aros feel confused.

i myself connect with many of these labels but feel it’s too complicated and don’t want to excessively label myself so I usually just say “I’m aro and I am romance repulsed (sorta).” And just leave it at that also because that’s like already so many Ted talks that I don’t want to say :) hope this helps lmao

• Like 1

Just now, organs and bone said:

I think most aros feel confused.

i myself connect with many of these labels but feel it’s too complicated and don’t want to excessively label myself so I usually just say “I’m aro and I am romance repulsed (sorta).” And just leave it at that also because that’s like already so many Ted talks that I don’t want to say :) hope this helps lmao

Oh yeah definitely, I generally just say "I'm grey aro, but i enjoy physical contact" if someone I know asks for more specifics and that definition works well enough for anyone who's not a super close friend that i can vent to about this stuff

Thinking about it grey aro really is good as just a catch all definition, because it mainly just boils down to "its complicated" and that about sums up my life tbh

• Like 1

The point at which you have too many labels is the point at which they stop being useful to you. That's the entire point of a label. You can have 20 labels and if you feel they serve their purpose in describing yourself to others, great. You can have 3 and feel like they make people confused and it's easier to consolidate them into one simpler label. Whatever works my liege

Edited by Jot-Aro Kujo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Most people would just say aro at that point I think. But there is also myrromantic, which is when someone uses multiple aro-spec labels. I use it. You don't have to, but maybe you should know it's a thing.