Occasional attraction = counts as aromantism?

Alsu

By textbook definition, aromantism can be defined as "little t not romantic attraction". For long, i thought of the "little" part added for demiromantism. But i wondered, can this include, lets say, straight guy, who very rarely finds a woman attractive?

Like, they find one attractive only once every 7 years or so? (this question is asked while forgetting any beliefs holded by the specific person, such as any sort of misoginy or habits of consuming media with unachievable standars)

The "little" part just refers to the whole rest of the spectrum. You can see a non-exhaustive list here. So yeah, if someone felt romantic attraction rarely, they could absolutely refer to themself as "aromantic" and be entirely correct.

Overall, if the "aromantic" label helps you define yourself, then use it. The definition is better used as a guide than a rule.

• Like 1

aromanticism is a spectrum ranging from little to no or very infrequent attraction, so that does fall under the definition. though if you need a more specific term, i would say that sounds grayromantic. really either label works though.

• Like 1