What's the point of a relationship if you don't feel feelings of love?

Question

I have a question, I am aromantic and I do not experience a romantic connection with anyone and I really People always ask the bride or groom where they are? Really I don't know what to say but why or what is the point of a relationship if I don't feel anything romantic for someone in the past there were certain signs where I could be aromantic when I was a child there were signs where I could be aromantic I don't know who to say if to have a girlfriend or boyfriend you have to be in love or fall in love I am aromantic I don't feel any feeling of romantic love

2 answers to this question

as a fellow aroace I’ll try to answer but i may* be wrong 

to actually answer your question i think relationships would be nice to get that connected feeling as i can definitely relate to being cast out or as a third wheel as an aro individual. 

there’s relationships called QPR’s - queer platonic relationships! I want a relationship but just not sexual or romantic so i think this is pretty neat! Here’s a bit from the Wikipedia article on QPRs

The term originates in the aromantic and asexual communities,[4][6] and it was largely restricted to these spaces in the 2010s. The Huffington Postdescribed it in 2014 as a "new label" coming from the same place as "aromantic" and "demisexual",[10] the College of William & Mary's neologism dictionary observed in 2016 that it was only used in aromantic and asexual spaces,[4] and Zach Schudson and Sari van Anders characterised it in 2019 as one of several "emergent gender and sexual identity discourses" appearing on LGBT social networking sites.[11

:) xoxo

*i probably am

• Like 1

I can see why you think there's no point in romantic relationships because of your aromanticism, and I relate to that. I do see aromantics who enter QPRs or who enter romantic relationships, though, and there are aromantic people who are already married when they discover their aromanticism and may still want that relationship, or some who already know they're aro but still want to get married to their partner(s). To some, as @organs and bones said, they just want a connection and may even feel a strong attraction toward who they're with but it's just not romantic. QPRs are usually the types of relationships I see aros and aces enter, though you don't have to be aro or ace to enter one, nor do you have to even be queer to have that queer relationship; and QPRs can consist of neither romantic and sexual things in the relationship, or only sexual things in the relationship, or only romantic things in the relationship, or a secret third thing, or include romantic and sexual things in the relationship. Some people ask, what makes a QPR that has both romo and sex in it any different from a romantic relationship? The partners deciding that it's a QPR, that is.

• Like 1