The thread post with the thing

`Silver

Hello people of Arocalypse :P

You will probably remember me from AVEN, or... actually, probably not unless you're a long termer. I've been active on and off from 2011 to 2015 on that website, but it's been a while since I took part in the forum life actively.

I'm hanging around here since a friend told me this forum had been revived and that's cool :D we could definitely use an alternate space since there's so much political correctness going on on AVEN and it really irks me. So I hope this flies and grows!

I'm not planning on being an active member, but saying hi couldn't hurt, I figure. (Also I want to know what my profile looks like when I post. Yes, I'm silly.)

And a hello to you as well! Can you elaborate on the political correctness on AVEN that is irking you; I haven't noticed it. Anyway, have some ice cream and enjoy the forum! :icecream: :icecream: :icecream: 

19 hours ago, Blue Phoenix Ace said:

Welcome Silver!

[snip]

Whoa, that's big!

Thankfully size doesn't matter to us aces! (Not sorry :P)

19 hours ago, DeMorgan said:

And a hello to you as well! Can you elaborate on the political correctness on AVEN that is irking you; I haven't noticed it. Anyway, have some ice cream and enjoy the forum! :icecream: :icecream: :icecream: 

Oh, it's mostly the endless label creation. I think it's gone way overboard and that they're doing far too much to protect identities that IMHO shouldn't exist in the first place. All in the name of "inclusion". That, and the word "asexual" has lost its meaning when one specific term was coined and attached to the ace spectrum when, again IMHO, it didn't make sense at all for it to be included.

The labels I'm seeing on this forum are a lot simpler and more straightforward, just like the good old AVEN days. I like that :)

2 hours ago, `Silver said:

Oh, it's mostly the endless label creation. I think it's gone way overboard and that they're doing far too much to protect identities that IMHO shouldn't exist in the first place. All in the name of "inclusion". That, and the word "asexual" has lost its meaning when one specific term was coined and attached to the ace spectrum when, again IMHO, it didn't make sense at all for it to be included.

The labels I'm seeing on this forum are a lot simpler and more straightforward, just like the good old AVEN days. I like that :)

Ah, I see. I'm glad to see that you're enjoying it here!

Archived