Are there different types of aesthetic attraction?

readingbymoonlight

Are there different types of aesthetic attraction? If there is what are they? Are there identities based on aesthetic attraction like heteroaesthetic or biaesthetic, homoaesthetic, panaesthetic, etc? Could someone identify as those? I think I might be aromantic asexual. Also  I experience aesthetic attraction.  I don't have crushes or sexual attraction and I've never fallen in love. 

2 minutes ago, readingbymoonlight said:

Are there different types of aesthetic attraction?

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you give an example of what you're thinking of?

4 minutes ago, readingbymoonlight said:

Are there identities based on aesthetic attraction like heteroaesthetic or biaesthetic, homoaesthetic, panaesthetic, etc? Could someone identify as those?

Sure, you can identify as whatever you want. Is that a useful label to you? Do you want to use it? Then do it! Identity isn't about following rules. It's about following your heart.

5 minutes ago, readingbymoonlight said:

I think I might be aromantic asexual. Also  I experience aesthetic attraction.

You might also be interested in "oriented aroace" which means that you're aroace but experience another type of attraction that is strong enough you wish to label it. Some people just identify as "oriented aroace". Some identify more specifically like "bi aroace" or possibly "bi oriented aroace". Or you could identify exactly as you've described here: "[biaesthetic] aroace". It's up to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hemogoblin said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Could you give an example of what you're thinking of?

Sure, you can identify as whatever you want. Is that a useful label to you? Do you want to use it? Then do it! Identity isn't about following rules. It's about following your heart.

You might also be interested in "oriented aroace" which means that you're aroace but experience another type of attraction that is strong enough you wish to label it. Some people just identify as "oriented aroace". Some identify more specifically like "bi aroace" or possibly "bi oriented aroace". Or you could identify exactly as you've described here: "[biaesthetic] aroace". It's up to you.

I'm sorry if the first question was confusing you. Guess I meant to ask for a definition of aesthetic attraction. Also I will look into oriented aroace. 

17 minutes ago, readingbymoonlight said:

I'm sorry if the first question was confusing you. Guess I meant to ask for a definition of aesthetic attraction. Also I will look into oriented aroace. 

No need to apologize. I just wanted to understand. =)

Aesthetic attraction is an attraction to a person based on appreciating the appearance/beauty of another person. Finding someone good looking but not sexy. Similar to admiring a painting. For some people, these feelings are strong enough to categorize as an attraction, whereas others might find others good looking but not in a way that feels like an attraction to them.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hemogoblin said:

No need to apologize. I just wanted to understand. =)

Aesthetic attraction is an attraction to a person based on appreciating the appearance/beauty of another person. Finding someone good looking but not sexy. Similar to admiring a painting. For some people, these feelings are strong enough to categorize as an attraction, whereas others might find others good looking but not in a way that feels like an attraction to them.

Thanks! :)