I think I'm demiromantic

CatNap

Why do I know I won't be attracted to anyone? I have been before. I always tell myself I won't be attracted to who I want to give a shot. And all times I'm right. I need to have a crush soon. It's just like me being a kid again. Constantly wanting to be in a relationship, solely because others are, and I don't want to feel like a misfit. Constantly feeling frustrated that I don't feel that way. I have before. So why can't i suddenly now? It's been months since the last person I've dated, and I think felt that way towards. Why does it take forever for a crush to develop? No matter how many new people I meet, I'm not romantically attracted to them at all. I don't get how people can be attracted to strangers, since I haven't been romantically attracted to a stranger once in my life. Only friends, and people with strong emotional bonds. Familiar people. And my crushes are, for the most part "spaced out." I mean there is always a distance, time-wards, in which I have my crushes. Mainly months apart, or something. Maybe sometimes even an entire school year with 1 or no crushes. As a kid, I used to feel like it took forever for me to develop a crush, and I was always envious of people who were dating. Because I wanted what they had, and I wanted to fit in. Nowadays I could care less about any of that, and am content with being single and not feeling romantically towards anyone. At least for now.

Is the pressure to have a crush coming from you or external forces or maybe a combo of both?

I'm glad you are feeling content, though. That's good! It's a difficult level of maturity to start growing from trying to be what others want you to be into accepting yourself for who you really are.

9 hours ago, hemogoblin said:

Is the pressure to have a crush coming from you or external forces or maybe a combo of both?

I'm glad you are feeling content, though. That's good! It's a difficult level of maturity to start growing from trying to be what others want you to be into accepting yourself for who you really are.

Yep. Probably both.