Dunno if I'm aro

Pony5005

I had a crush long ago, but I realized it wasn't actually a crush? Sure, I found them attractive and all but never really had any romantic feelings. They were more like obligations. Nowadays, I don't have any crushes on people even when I think I do. It doesn't feel like a crush??? I just think they're pretty or attractive. Maybe I'm forcing myself to like people because I don't want to learn the fact that I might be aro. I want to love but I can't. But I do things that may be considered romantic, like cuddling and holding hands, I don't see it that way tho.

Another reason why I think I'm aro is when I see real-life couples, it makes me uncomfortable. Even when it comes to my friends. I'm very supportive and really happy for them, but when they get all lovey dovey it makes me uncomfortable. It can sometimes change, but it always made me uncomfy. However, when it's about fictional characters, I don't feel uncomfortable like real-life couples.

Edit: AYEEE thank you yall. I know that I'm the only one who can confirm I'm aromantic but I just wanted some help. I'll be testing out the aromantic label :]

Edited by Pony5005

Hi, i cant tell you if you aro or not, you'll figure that yourself on your own, there is no rush. 

About cuddling and hand holding and kissing, they can be platonic too, we believe these to be romantic bc society has always told us. You are to chose whether they are romantic or not. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pony5005 said:

I had a crush long ago, but I realized it wasn't actually a crush? Sure, I found them attractive and all but never really had any romantic feelings. They were more like obligations. Nowadays, I don't have any crushes on people even when I think I do. It doesn't feel like a crush??? I just think they're pretty or attractive. Maybe I'm forcing myself to like people because I don't want to learn the fact that I might be aro. I want to love but I can't. But I do things that may be considered romantic, like cuddling and holding hands, I don't see it that way tho.

Another reason why I think I'm aro is when I see real-life couples, it makes me uncomfortable. Even when it comes to my friends. I'm very supportive and really happy for them, but when they get all lovey dovey it makes me uncomfortable. It can sometimes change, but it always made me uncomfy. However, when it's about fictional characters, I don't feel uncomfortable like real-life couples.

Honestly, I can't tell you if you are or not. That's your choice. I'm sorry you had to go through that and still might. I can relate to some level. It sucks. Some advice I have is to just try out the label and see if you feel comfortable and happy! You also don't have to label yourself if you don't want to. Either way you're valid and loved! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pony5005 said:

These sound like excellent reasons to try out the aro label and see how it feels! 

Remember, finding a label for your identity isn't like a math problem. There are no right or wrong answers. Labels are just tools we use to help communicate the gist of how we feel to others. They don't need to be perfect and they'll never be the whole story. They're a subjective approximation and totally determined by you. :) No one can better speak to how you feel than you!

Edited by hemogoblin
  • Like 1