Came out to my boyfriend as aro the night I figured out I was.

Aro Alien

Long story short: we cried. He tried to console me/himself/us both by saying that I was overanalysing and getting too introspective, and that I should get some sleep and see how I felt in the morning. Grudgingly I went to sleep. Since then every time we speak he's been telling me "not to get mopey again". I'm lost as to where to take this. 

6 hours ago, Aro Alien said:

Long story short: we cried. He tried to console me/himself/us both by saying that I was overanalysing and getting too introspective, and that I should get some sleep and see how I felt in the morning. Grudgingly I went to sleep. Since then every time we speak he's been telling me "not to get mopey again". I'm lost as to where to take this. 

Oh gosh, I'm sorry. *hug* Your identity is valid; I'm sure he will come to realize that. He's just hurting right now.

tell him how you feel when he says to not get mopey. repeat the conversation where you explain what being aro means. do you still want to be with him? if so explain the value of companionship for you, or say that you value being with him but just aren't quite able to explain why. 

Archived