Hello, all.

Aro Alien

Hello. I'm a 20-year-old non-asexual (gotta love the double negative) aromantic. I'm genderqueer-ish, male-ish, bisexual. I never believed in aromanticism until a few nights back, when, after a thorough look back at my past relationships, I figured out that I was. I feel like a bit of a fraud for professing what I thought was love to my past partners. After a proper think it turns out it was nothing but lust and admiration, admiration in the sense of envy. I'm in a bit of a shitty situation as — well, I'm quite socially conservative, but I'm also quite flexible by situation and individual/s, whereas my family are extremely and concretely socially conservative. My father sat and hurled abuse at a transmale friend of mine last night, and ended the discussion by scoffing at the concepts of "genderqueer" and "asexual". He doesn't know I'm halfway to genderqueer, ha. They're almost amusingly homophobic, but it gets old. 

I'm feeling quite depressed and scatterbrained as a result, so excuse me if any of my posts don't make much sense.

6 hours ago, Aro Alien said:

Hello. I'm a 20-year-old non-asexual (gotta love the double negative) aromantic. I'm genderqueer-ish, male-ish, bisexual. I never believed in aromanticism until a few nights back, when, after a thorough look back at my past relationships, I figured out that I was. I feel like a bit of a fraud for professing what I thought was love to my past partners. After a proper think it turns out it was nothing but lust and admiration, admiration in the sense of envy. I'm in a bit of a shitty situation as — well, I'm quite socially conservative, but I'm also quite flexible by situation and individual/s, whereas my family are extremely and concretely socially conservative. My father sat and hurled abuse at a transmale friend of mine last night, and ended the discussion by scoffing at the concepts of "genderqueer" and "asexual". He doesn't know I'm halfway to genderqueer, ha. They're almost amusingly homophobic, but it gets old. 

I'm feeling quite depressed and scatterbrained as a result, so excuse me if any of my posts don't make much sense.

Hi. I'm sorry that you're arrival to Arocalypse isn't under the happiest of circumstances, but hey, that's when Arocalypse is must needed, right. Anyway, welcome.

Archived