I think i'm both aego and cupio aroace?

Guest Syd

Question

I'm twelve years old, and have had one crush, tho I'm not sure if that was romantic attraction. I do like the idea of hugging and kissing and cuddling, but I would rather not share my body with others. I have kissed girls before and liked it, but i didn't like them sexually or romantically. I do not want a family, but do at the same time. I know that I am aegoromantic, but I feel I might also be cupioromantic/sexual. Or could this be me being insecure? I tend to waver between wanting a relationship but not feeling it (Cupio) and just liking the idea (Aego). I do touch myself, but I would rather die than have someone touch me. Opinions? P.S., I am new to the community!

4 answers to this question

I think that fits tbh. You might be a-spec you choose the labels that fit. I identified as a-spec a a pretty young age. Also, the last few sentences kinda give autosexual vibes? Idk lol

I think both previous answers could be correct. I wouldn't discourage you from exploring the labels just because you're young but if it ever brings you too much distress and you get very confused trying to find the perfect microlabel maybe just "chill" a bit. If that ever becomes a problem just wait and see where time and experience leads you. Just go with what feels most comfortable to you, if you like exploring labels and it feels nice to have a word for your experience then hooray but don't become trapped in it

Sounds pretty normal for growing up. I'm 18 and I'm still not quite sure how to label myself, so I wouldn't get too hung up on it. I didn't even know much about aromanticism and asexuality until 2 years ago besides knowing it was a thing.

Labels can be useful but if it's feeling restrictive and you find yourself worrying a lot about which is the "right" label then there's nothing wrong with being unlabeled or just using broad labels. I would just call myself gay for a while because I wasn't sure and that's completely OK.

Remember, even if you later decide a label doesn't fit it doesn't mean you were wrong. I've tried on and taken off so many labels over the years and I used to worry that i was "wrong" somehow, but it's very normal for your identity to change especially when young.