I think I had my first platonic crush (and it's so weird)

Dobby

Hey everyone

So yeah 2 weeks ago I met someone and for some reason I liked him right away (in a platonic way) and I wanted to be his friend. I think it might be a squish (I think it is what it's called), because since then I've been thinking about him sometimes and I just want to be his friend and learn more about him, spend time with him etc. And yeah, we had the opportunity to spend a bit of time chatting together and I just think he's really nice and I enjoy being around him.

And I think it's really weird, because I'm very much aware of the fact that I have no reason to actually like him. Like yeah, there are some people with whom I feel more comfortable, or people I find really nice etc. But I never got this feeling of really wanting to be friends before. And it feels so weird, like why him ? Among all the people I met at the same moment, why would it be him ? It doesn't make any sense to me, because I don't know him personally, so how could my brain like him ? It's not a bad feeling at all honestly, but I just don't understand, and I don't know what to think about it. And also I'm a bit afraid because I don't know how to act, like I try to be friendly in a "normal" way but I don't want to be rejected I guess.

A part of me thinks that I'm just so weird because it really really doesn't make any sense for my brain.

Well that's all, I don't really have a question (except if someone have a logical explanation to this phenomenon XD), I just wanted to say it, but any response of any sort (just be nice please XD) is welcome :)

Anyway, thank you for reading <3