Invisible

Lieden

Yesterday I hung out with my best friend. They brought their partner (I agreed to it) and we worked on some projects. But at one point my friends partner had to go because they had to work, and my friend kinda pouted and went over and started cuddling the partner... while I was literally sitting right next to them. It was like I wasn't even there. I felt that a lot during the hangout. They would randomly kiss and be all lovey dovey. It made me really uncomfortable. But I don't know if I should say anything about it because I don't ever really hang out with the two of them at once. But I don't want to feel uncomfortable hanging out with friends, so I just don't know what to do.

I think you should politely bring it up with them. I mean, even outside the context of aromanticism, third wheeling someone is just kind of a douchey thing to do. It’s not that they shouldn’t ever show affection to each other when around other people, or whatever, but it’s important for any couple to learn how to do so in a way that doesn’t make other people feel ignored. (Granted, there’s also some couples who seem to do it on purpose in order to intentionally flaunt their relationship status… Those couples usually don’t last very long, ironically lol)

• Like 4