I’m a bit confused :(

Guest Olli

Question

So, here’s my situation:

I’m in my sophomore year of highschool, I’ve known that I’m asexual for years now. All my life, I think that I’ve had romantic crushes. But I’ve just now noticed that the thought of anyone liking me back romantically makes me nauseous, and so does the idea of anyone trying to get me into a romantic little fling. It’s a bit upsetting, because I do want to date people (I think?). I want to go out and be with someone and kiss them, y’know?

I genuinely don’t know if I’m fucked, if it’s my autism causing issues, or if this is actually an aromaticism thing.

So. Is this aromanticism? And if it is, what form even is it?

3 answers to this question

This sounds like you might be cupioromantic and romance repulsed. You want to do romantic things yet someone doing them back to you actively repulses you. I’m pretty sure there’s another label for that as well but this definitely sounds like aromanticism, that sounds sure.

12 hours ago, Guest Olli said:

So, here’s my situation:

I’m in my sophomore year of highschool, I’ve known that I’m asexual for years now. All my life, I think that I’ve had romantic crushes. But I’ve just now noticed that the thought of anyone liking me back romantically makes me nauseous, and so does the idea of anyone trying to get me into a romantic little fling. It’s a bit upsetting, because I do want to date people (I think?). I want to go out and be with someone and kiss them, y’know?

I genuinely don’t know if I’m fucked, if it’s my autism causing issues, or if this is actually an aromaticism thing.

So. Is this aromanticism? And if it is, what form even is it?

Like what the person above said, you could be cupioromantic. 

Or, if you've experienced crushes before, you could be lithromantic, which is where you experience romantic attraction roads people, but once that attraction is reciprocated, your attraction to the person fades.

Does this help?

Hm, it sounds like you might be lithoromantic.

I know there is a term for people who don't experience romantic attraction because they happen to Neurodivegent or experiencing mental exhaustion. It might be Requesromantic but I'm, not sure.

If it helps here is a list of romantic and aromantic microlabels :)

Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 8.37.05 PM.png