Have had crushes(?), still aro? yay or nay?

bonesaw

Question

Heya! I'm not sure if anyone else has asked this before or even have experienced this, but I gotta know anyways.

The reason why I said that I have had crushes is because i felt the typical "stuff" when I was younger, like, waayyy younger. "Blushing, averting my eyes from my person of interest, constantly thinking about them, etc. etc."
But for a long while now, I stopped feeling those things. I thought it was because of the pandemic and that I barely had the time to interact with anyone outside, but when I had that chance, still no dice.

Last year, I suppose I had a crush? Or at least, someone I thought was cool. I thought "Oh hey, I probably have a crush on her." like the many, many times before. But I didn't feel my face heat up, nor was I giddy and stuff which was odd. That girl was literally the near-perfect candidate for what I want in a person. Yet when I am faced by her, I barely felt a thing. 

I still don't know what's going on, or if I even count as aro due to these experiences. But regardless, thanks for hearing me out!

1 answer to this question

The common definition for aromantic is someone who experience little or no romantic attraction. What counts as little is subjective. If you feel the label fits your experience it's really all that matters. You can always change your mind later if you feel like you feel more romantic attraction.