Aro QPP

CareLuv

Hey all. Hope you’re hanging in there! I’m posting to ask about people’s experiences with QPPs. I’m not currently seeking one - just thinking about the future. Having another committed person to pool resources with and be able to rely on for help/support seems very practical and safe. I wouldn’t really care what I or the other person did in terms of safe sex (with others or each other) as long as we felt we could  stay committed to the QPP as we define it. How hard has it been for people to find relationships like this? I don’t know many people who would be down for that type of amorphous arrangement. I feel like this would be really rare.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CareLuv said:

Hey all. Hope you’re hanging in there! I’m posting to ask about people’s experiences with QPPs. I’m not currently seeking one - just thinking about the future. Having another committed person to pool resources with and be able to rely on for help/support seems very practical and safe. I wouldn’t really care what I or the other person did in terms of safe sex (with others or each other) as long as we felt we could  stay committed to the QPP as we define it. How hard has it been for people to find relationships like this? I don’t know many people who would be down for that type of amorphous arrangement. I feel like this would be really rare.

I haven't had much luck, then again, I kinda suck at socializing so that could be one aspect of things for me. Yeah I think most people are allo and not aro and the two go together for them so that has been challenging.

8 hours ago, MulticulturalFarmer said:

I haven't had much luck, then again, I kinda suck at socializing so that could be one aspect of things for me. Yeah I think most people are allo and not aro and the two go together for them so that has been challenging.

Ok, that’s what I suspected. I’m in Portland, OR, so I figure it might be easier for me here. People are a lot more open. Kind of wish my best friend wasn’t married as she would be open to it otherwise. Oh well - I’m content single. Maybe I’ll meet someone looking for the same practicality some time. Thanks for the reply!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CareLuv said:

Ok, that’s what I suspected. I’m in Portland, OR, so I figure it might be easier for me here. People are a lot more open. Kind of wish my best friend wasn’t married as she would be open to it otherwise. Oh well - I’m content single. Maybe I’ll meet someone looking for the same practicality some time. Thanks for the reply!

No worries. It's tough out there for sure, especially when you're no longer a kid or teen. More responsibilities, and for me personally I have a lot of obstacles (in terms of intersectional identities) to make long term friends that want to stick around, much less get an "intimate" (even if it were just in the emotional sense) QPR as well so it's good to know that I'm not the only dealing with loneliness (in some sense of the word).