Any other Sex-Repulsed asexuals.

SwiftySpeedy

I'm sex-repulsed. People can't come near me with that stuff. It creeps me out when sex is on a show or movie.

I've heard people on AVEN saying they can't even stand to be aware of the fact that other people have sex. My repulsion isn't so strong that the very existance of sex upsets me, but I sure don't want to know about other people's sex lives.

On 6/14/2023 at 5:23 AM, SwiftySpeedy said:

What do you mean by that?

What I mean is that in my experience when I come out to my any friends that experience romantic and sexual attraction they tend to socialize with me a lot less and when they do, half of the time they just ask how in the world I am repulsed by “something as natural as romance and sex” which makes me want to cut ties with them. I do have like three allo friends (allo is a shortened word for allosexual/alloromantic which means one who experiences those types of attraction) who are actually fine with me being repulsed by romance and sex which is nice, so I know that there are people out there who are fine with me being repulsed by romance and sex.

1 minute ago, TheApothiAroace said:

What I mean is that in my experience when I come out to my any friends that experience romantic and sexual attraction they tend to socialize with me a lot less and when they do, half of the time they just ask how in the world I am repulsed by “something as natural as romance and sex” which makes me want to cut ties with them. I do have like three allo friends (allo is a shortened word for allosexual/alloromantic which means one who experiences those types of attraction) who are actually fine with me being repulsed by romance and sex which is nice, so I know that there are people out there who are fine with me being repulsed by romance and sex.

Even if I wasn’t aroace I’d still have a hard time maintaining friendships because I just generally don’t know how to create a close and long lasting friendship, and maintain it.