Glad to see this site!

owl

Hello everyone! I've known I was ace for about a year but been questioning aro for a while so... I dunno, really. Never really got involved in the romantic subforums on AVEN or anywhere else but after seeing this site going up... 

Well, glad to be here and watch this site grow :)

Hello Simowl! Sometimes, one identity can come to you in a single lightbulb moment, but I know from experience that this is not always the case for the others. I pondered my romantic orientation for about two months before I joined AroPlane to essentially "try on" the label to see if it fit. Turned out to fit better than I thought it would have and I still identify comfortably as aromantic. Still, while that came quickly in the scheme of things, questioning my gender took four years before I figured it all out. However long it takes to figure out your identity has no bearing on how valid it is. I hope this site helps you figure out your romantic orientation :)

I also took a long time to figure out I was aromantic.  I knew I was asexual almost immediately after hearing the label, but romantic orientation alluded me for a few months before I finally figured it all out.  I almost signed up to AVEN with gray-aro under my profile because I still wasn't 100% sure at the time, even though I have been lurking in the A/romantic fourm there for a while.

Don't worry too much if you're still questioning or if finding the right label takes longer than you thought; at least now you have a nifty new forum to use while figuring it all out! :)

Whoooo! I'm so excited that this forum exists now! I tried finding one for so long, but AVEN was the only place that had even a subforum for aromanticism.

Archived