Aromantic Developed or Born?

eye

Aromantics Made, Born or Both?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

also, please feel free to share why you think so. personally I think that there are certain environmental factors that could trigger it while in the womb, because this is also shown with gay folks as they tend to be the younger siblings, and or had mothers who were ill while pregnant with them. remember that just because something is developed doesn't justify trying to "convert" it. i felt the need to clarify this because i can't help but feel that most people would be scared to think that if their aromanticism is environmentally caused then they would suddenly be invalid, which is not true.

Edited by ARO.LY

I truthfully don’t know, when I was born my mother wasn’t ill. I think it may have been environmental, which is interesting to think about as I am the eldest.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maryland said:

I truthfully don’t know, when I was born my mother wasn’t ill. I think it may have been environmental, which is interesting to think about as I am the eldest.

I’m the oldest too! :D

• Like 1

Just now, The Aro Mando Echo said:

Me too :)

The eldest kid is always the one that has to pave the road for the younger ones. We don’t get ANY example on how to live life or do better in this generation so it’s kinda just 🤷‍♂️.

Just now, The Aro Mando Echo said:

I know right! We're the ones that have to figure it out lol

I’m always considered the “test kid” and it’s just my example that shows what should be done with my brothers. Not to mention that my 2 brothers are all 4 years apart from each other (including me) so we kinda pick up interest and then throw them down to the next person when done with it. Then all it does is make us cringe at our pasts. Then they try to copy your own interests and makes things so much harder for you to enjoy. XD

I don't really relate to the traditional sibling dynamics people talk about online, maybe because I have a lot of siblings and I grew up with most of them being adults?

also the 'oh damn' came from the fact that 3 people in the thread were the eldest

Edited by Noble-Harvest-Spear