Help

I was in tech today talking to a friend and he called me she which is correct but I had a weird reaction like it kinda threw me off guard and it was kinda uncomfortable for some reason. I don't hate she/her pronouns but why did I have such a weird reaction to it? I also like they/them pronouns but I don't know what to do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2023 at 6:57 PM, AroAcedragon13 said:

I was in tech today talking to a friend and he called me she which is correct but I had a weird reaction like it kinda threw me off guard and it was kinda uncomfortable for some reason. I don't hate she/her pronouns but why did I have such a weird reaction to it? I also like they/them pronouns but I don't know what to do.

Yeah there was this one time where some obnoxious kid was going around jokingly asking for peoples pronouns and I said “he/him” with so much venom in my voice that I was surprised by it. XD

I don’t even know why I did but every time someone asks what pronouns I go by I feel uncomfortable saying he/him. Idk it probably means nothing but I’m gonna really do some introspection before researching anything. I doubt it means anything and I would never say I’m a girl so idk what to think. 

I mean when I really think about it, I don’t fully see myself as a guy but I’m not gonna say I’m a girl, that’s not at all a consideration. Maybe enby or agender? I’m not sure but I’m gonna really think first.

Edited by HelloThere

19 minutes ago, SwiftySpeedy said:

Maybe its simply that you don't hear people calling you specifically by your pronouns that often, and that's why you felt that way.

Yeah probably. I jump to conclusions a lot which is one of the main contributors to my self doubt. XD