I think I'm also asexual

ProbablyHuman

Recently I've been considering that I could be aroace. I'd rather not go into the details of how I feel about sex but I took a feq quizzes and most of them said I was aroace (but according to one of them I'm graysexual). The thing is, even though they say I'm ace, and I'm pretty sure that does match how I feel about sex, somehow the label just doesn't feel right for me.

Is there any way I could truely confirm whether I'm ace or something else? I really need some help with this

No because identity isn't a diagnosis. You can't input [feelings] and [experiences] and get That One Perfect(TM) label term. Identity is absolutely, positively, completely self-determined. If the asexual label doesn't feel right to you, then don't use it! You get to define what your feelings mean. You get to choose the terms that best communicate your feelings to others. You get to pick your label based off of whatever criteria is important to you. Those online quizzes can be fun, and for some they may even be validating.

But at the end of the day, the person that knows you best is you. Not some random internet stranger relying on broad generalizations to categorize you based off a couple of simple questions.

• Like 1

Just because you technically fit a label doesn't mean you have to use it. Labels should make you feel comfortable and free. My advice would be to not ID as ace unless you want to and it makes you feel good. I also recommend you check out non-SAM aros (aros that don't use the split attraction model).

• Like 1