Aro (+ introverted) "Ludditism"

DeltaAro

It's safe to assume that aros use dating apps only rarely. I know aros can and often are super-extroverted and open. But what if you're not like this, and instead rather secretive, like me? Then this aversion extends to a lot of modern social media.

If you're a secretive romantic, maybe romantic desires give you the motivation to act against your character? But this won't happen for me.

I'm not a Luddite in the sense of being techno-phobic. But I hate a lot of social behavior that is enabled by modern technology. I mean, remember there was once, a long time ago, a Golden Age in which not every of your stupid mistakes was recorded and readily archived. The elders told me stories about this.

Do you suffer introverted + secretive + aro "Ludditism"?

Edited by DeltaAro
less click-baity, more about introversion
  • Like 3

I don't think wanting privacy necessarily has to do with being aro, lol. There's plenty of alloros like this, and plenty of aros who use lots of social media. If someone hates social media I highly doubt they'd be willing to change that just for romance.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

I don't think wanting privacy necessarily has to do with being aro, lol.

As I said, it was kind of clickbait-y. Of course, you need already be secretive. But I still think that being aro is like the cherry on that cake. 🍰

1 hour ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

If someone hates social media I highly doubt they'd be willing to change that just for romance.

If they really hate it, yes (even I still use social meda a bit, because it's basically unavoidable).

But I've witnessed it, how people suddenly lose much of their reservations about social media when it comes to dating. Though most dating apps are positively scary and involve way more scams than "normal" social media.

Like model-type, high-achiever wants to date you and starts to chat with you about her crypto investments. "Today is my perfect day".🤑

6 minutes ago, DeltaAro said:

Like model-type, high-achiever wants to date you and starts to chat with you about her crypto investments. "Today is my perfect day".🤑

In full honesty, I've been using Tinder for over a year and I've never encountered that, but I have seen that sort of thing on this very website. lmfao

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

In full honesty, I've been using Tinder for over a year and I've never encountered that, but I have seen that sort of thing on this very website. lmfao

Well, this website uses Invision, surprising that bots are written for that... but possible. The crypto scams on Tinder I admittedly only know from reporting.

Still, I always hear from the people who use dating apps, that because of those and similar occurrences, they strictly only accept people with other social media. So one begets the other. I would only have LinkedIn and a Facebook page I haven't used in years. 🙂

Edited by DeltaAro

• DeltaAro changed the title to Aro (+ introverted) "Ludditism"
18 hours ago, Collie said:

I blast my life at full volume

Yeah, have fun! xD

For me, introversion and secretiveness are closely related. I never imagined that there are people who can combine being very introverted with being very open.

• Like 1