Jump to content

mdzs aro headcanon


Recommended Posts

So I've been obsessed with the book Mo Dao Zu Shi (Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation) by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu, and there's this one character - Jiang Wanyin that reads very aromantic to me. He's never had a known romantic interest, is generally very work focused and he's famously banned from the matchmakers for his infinitely long list of requirements (that basically equal to a list of traits of an ideal business partner), being insufferable and rude to potential suitors. Also he's always very angry and honestly same, so I just see myself in him

So basically it's just me once again saying "he's aro because I'm aro and I said so"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wait, are you reading this in English or Chinese? I figure in English it could be a mistranslation or lack of conveying certain cultural concepts perhaps? Just some food for thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rationalcucumber said:

I'm reading in english, but what do you mean "mistranslation"? Mistranslation of what? sorry I'm a bit lost as to what you're referring to

Oh, I had just assumed it was translated from Chinese to English, that's all. Could have been a wrong assumption.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, MulticulturalFarmer said:

Oh, I had just assumed it was translated from Chinese to English, that's all. Could have been a wrong assumption.

It was translated from Chinese to English, but i think the translators did a great job of explaining foreign parts of culture and practices that otherwise we wouldn't understand. I have also read it in my native language, which was most likely translated from English, and i definitely noticed some inaccuracies, but that's to be expect from a translation of a translation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, rationalcucumber said:

It was translated from Chinese to English, but i think the translators did a great job of explaining foreign parts of culture and practices that otherwise we wouldn't understand. I have also read it in my native language, which was most likely translated from English, and i definitely noticed some inaccuracies, but that's to be expect from a translation of a translation.

What is your native language? Yeah I'm not too sure what the perception of aromanticism (or what the definition of that is) is in China or East Asian societies... admittedly I am very curious. Not sure if we have any users here on Arocalypse from that part of the world. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, MulticulturalFarmer said:

What is your native language? Yeah I'm not too sure what the perception of aromanticism (or what the definition of that is) is in China or East Asian societies... admittedly I am very curious. Not sure if we have any users here on Arocalypse from that part of the world. 

My native language is Polish. I have no idea about the southeast Asian take on aromanticism, but I know the book is veeeery queer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...