mdzs aro headcanon

So I've been obsessed with the book Mo Dao Zu Shi (Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation) by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu, and there's this one character - Jiang Wanyin that reads very aromantic to me. He's never had a known romantic interest, is generally very work focused and he's famously banned from the matchmakers for his infinitely long list of requirements (that basically equal to a list of traits of an ideal business partner), being insufferable and rude to potential suitors. Also he's always very angry and honestly same, so I just see myself in him

So basically it's just me once again saying "he's aro because I'm aro and I said so"

Wait, are you reading this in English or Chinese? I figure in English it could be a mistranslation or lack of conveying certain cultural concepts perhaps? Just some food for thought.

1 hour ago, rationalcucumber said:

I'm reading in english, but what do you mean "mistranslation"? Mistranslation of what? sorry I'm a bit lost as to what you're referring to

Oh, I had just assumed it was translated from Chinese to English, that's all. Could have been a wrong assumption.

14 minutes ago, MulticulturalFarmer said:

Oh, I had just assumed it was translated from Chinese to English, that's all. Could have been a wrong assumption.

It was translated from Chinese to English, but i think the translators did a great job of explaining foreign parts of culture and practices that otherwise we wouldn't understand. I have also read it in my native language, which was most likely translated from English, and i definitely noticed some inaccuracies, but that's to be expect from a translation of a translation.

4 hours ago, rationalcucumber said:

It was translated from Chinese to English, but i think the translators did a great job of explaining foreign parts of culture and practices that otherwise we wouldn't understand. I have also read it in my native language, which was most likely translated from English, and i definitely noticed some inaccuracies, but that's to be expect from a translation of a translation.

What is your native language? Yeah I'm not too sure what the perception of aromanticism (or what the definition of that is) is in China or East Asian societies... admittedly I am very curious. Not sure if we have any users here on Arocalypse from that part of the world. 

17 hours ago, MulticulturalFarmer said:

What is your native language? Yeah I'm not too sure what the perception of aromanticism (or what the definition of that is) is in China or East Asian societies... admittedly I am very curious. Not sure if we have any users here on Arocalypse from that part of the world. 

My native language is Polish. I have no idea about the southeast Asian take on aromanticism, but I know the book is veeeery queer.