Pretending to be Allo for a grade

whatistheromance

Should this kinda stuff get out of the curriculum   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I mean, there's gotta be other things in the story, right? That sounds like it's time to break out the ol' literary analysis skills. What sort of conflict does the protagonist experience? How does it change them as a person? What's the setting like, how does it compare to your own home? What are the other relationships in the story- Are there friends, family?

If you're taking Spanish class I assume you're in, what, early high school? Most people don't really have big romantic experiences until later in life, so I highly doubt the point of the assignment was "tell us about a time you also fell in love and got married" or whatever the plot of the story is. I mean I can still understand why it would be frustrating, but I can't imagine a story would be picked for a school assignment with the specific point of Just being About Romance. There's gotta be more to find in there.

• Like 1

Just now, Jot-Aro Kujo said:

I mean, there's gotta be other things in the story, right? That sounds like it's time to break out the ol' literary analysis skills. What sort of conflict does the protagonist experience? How does it change them as a person? What's the setting like, how does it compare to your own home? What are the other relationships in the story- Are there friends, family?

If you're taking Spanish class I assume you're in, what, early high school? Most people don't really have big romantic experiences until later in life, so I highly doubt the point of the assignment was "tell us about a time you also fell in love and got married" or whatever the plot of the story is. I mean I can still understand why it would be frustrating, but I can't imagine a story would be picked for a school assignment with the specific point of Just being About Romance. There's gotta be more to find in there.

The only parallel I could find was that I also travel every year, usually.