Can someone explain QPRs to me?

whatistheromance

A QPR boils down to the name. It's a committed platonic relationship.

For some people, this is with someone you are friends with. For others it's with people you have a different platonic bond with. That's going to be on a person to person and relationship to relationship basis.

So yes, for some, it's "friends who cuddle" but for others it's "life partner who I care about more than anyone else." The people in the relationship are the ones who define the relationship and their own feelings.

Edited by Neon
  • Like 1

it depends entirely on the people in the relationship, as it is only them who get to name and define it. I understand it as doing things normally considered romantic, even living together/marriage, but without the romantic attraction part (at least that's what I would want, and I wound name it as a qpr).

• Like 1

QPRs to me are just relationships that defy "normal" (I couldn't think of a better word) relationship boundaries. The boundaries that they defy or the attraction that is involved in the relationships are purely up to the people in it.

This could mean people who do not feel romantic attraction to each other, but still want to be in a partnership and do typically "romantic" things with the other person. (What this means is, again, defined by the people involved, as romantic attraction or romantic things do not have set in stone definitions.) A QPR could also mean one person feels romantic attraction and thinks of it as dating, while the other doesn't know what they feel but still wants to be in a partnership with that person. 

In any of these relationships they could do anything they want, such as cuddle, live together, have sex, go on dates, etc. Basically a QPR is a chaotic, undefined force of nature that I am thoroughly in love with. 

• Like 3

for me personally i think of a qpp as an individual im so emotionally attached and attracted to that it exceeds the closeness of typical friendships but its not romantic. but we can go on dates and shit so basically a romantic relationship but minus the typically romantic part about it 

• Like 1

To me, a QPR is just a relationship between two or more people that isn't a classic romantic one. So for some people, their QPR might be just "friends who cuddle". For others, it might be "friends who sometimes have sex" or "people with a deep emotional connection who do a lot of the same things people in romantic relationships do, but not romantically or "people in an open relationship that might seem like close friendship to an outsider, but it's not that for them" or even "people who aren't platonically attracted to each other at all, but they're attracted to each other at least one other (nonromantic) way". There's no standard way to have a QPR, and the terms are defined only by the people in it

• Like 4