My (small) aro pride collection!

Whirl

Hi!! I just wanted to show y'all some of the aro pride stuff I've been collecting over the past months and also talk a bit about how I got each piece. I'm actually shocked I've found ANY aro stuff in my country, but I'm very happy about that I did!

So the first thing is the pride flag on the bottom right, I got it from a stand run by my uni's independent LGBTQ+ group. When I chose it out of a bunch of pride flags they were offering (for free!), I realized it was actually my first time admitting to myself that I was aromantic.

Then comes the pin. There was a fair for women enterprenours happening in Bogota and one of the stands was this like feminist queer one and it had this pin in its collection! It was the only aro one and it was kind of banged up (you can't really tell in the pic, but its a bit scratched and smudged), but I bought it anyway cause I was like "When am I going to get this chance again?". And this time I was with my brother and a friend of mine, so I kind of also came out to them! Another first!

And finally, the frog sticker!!! I got this one on sunday at an independent artist fair in Bogota's planetarium (along with some other stickers, pins, indie comics and zines). I was actually wearing my pin on my backpack (first time wearing the pin in public) and the person running the stand looked at me... then my pin... then at the sticker... then back at me. I think we both knew I was going to buy it lol

So, yeah, that's all! Do you guys have any pride stuff? Is it related to important moments in your journey, like mine? And, did y'all like the frog sticker? Cause I felt this was the ideal demographic for it jajaja

IMG_20221113_1928152.jpg

IMG_20221113_192908.jpg

• Like 11

Great collection! I really like the frog one, you were right to assume that ;)

I don’t own any aro pride stuff myself though. I do have a rainbow coloured pinwheel on my balcony that people assume is a pride item and I don’t tell them otherwise.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, sevan said:

i will steal them and never return them. thanks for the aro merchandises 

We can have joint custody,  but I get the merch on weekends lol!

(also I've got no clue where to put the frog sticker 😭 any suggestions?)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whirl said:

(also I've got no clue where to put the frog sticker 😭 any suggestions?)

I’ve put stickers on my laptop, my planner and my ereader. On a laptop and planner it will stand out, an ereader not so much (I’ve put the sticker on the front flap of the protective case so you don’t see it when I read)

821A5E03-82BB-4BD1-9415-0ED57A119809.jpeg.bacb38d05ca971aaf9cece50dc3903d6.jpeg

The sticker will wear down a bit though 🤔 I guess you could also make some sort of collage art with it and put it on your wall?

Wait… I’ve just realised that this sticker is some aroace art I created myself, so I DO own some pride stuff… nice.

Edited by Nix
Realised I do own pride stuff
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Nix said:

Wait… I’ve just realised that this sticker is some aroace art I created myself, so I DO own some pride stuff… nice.

Wait... the cat is aroace?

20 hours ago, Whirl said:

Hi!! I just wanted to show y'all some of the aro pride stuff I've been collecting over the past months and also talk a bit about how I got each piece. I'm actually shocked I've found ANY aro stuff in my country, but I'm very happy about that I did!

Yes, very impressing!! Of course I can order all sorts of aro stuff online but I don't know anything about fairs or LGBTQ+ groups. Must be great to find aro "merchandise" IRL.

• Like 3

On 11/17/2022 at 12:37 PM, Nix said:

821A5E03-82BB-4BD1-9415-0ED57A119809.jpeg.bacb38d05ca971aaf9cece50dc3903d6.jpeg

The sticker will wear down a bit though 🤔 I guess you could also make some sort of collage art with it and put it on your wall?

Aroace kitty!! So cute! I always love seeing your art 💕I have a collage piece art up on my wall with like posters, photos and tickets for events and stuff, but I'm living in a rental rn and I'd hate to part with the sticker if I move soon jajja

On 11/17/2022 at 2:45 PM, DeltaAro said:

Yes, very impressing!! Of course I can order all sorts of aro stuff online but I don't know anything about fairs or LGBTQ+ groups. Must be great to find aro "merchandise" IRL.

It feels like finding a shiny pokemon tbh! Also, I think I prefer buying them in these spaces, cause it feels like I'm supporting local artists and my local community

23 hours ago, sevan said:

notebook maybe

I think that's what I'm leaning more towards. I have this notebook I use for doodling and I think it'll look very nice on the cover!

Edited by Whirl
grammar lol
  • Like 2