Aro Stuff in TV shows-

Im not sure if you people in Britain ever watched phineas and ferb, but honestly. It was a hugeee part of my childhood, especially in the summer.

i started rewatching it roughly a month ago. And this one episode “What Do it Do” in season 2. Had an “Anti-Romance Robot” that they were trying to reverse engineer. 

Honestly I was just happy to see That.

idk if that qualifies as aro, or maybe acoromantic. 

anywho, 

Ciao!

• Like 2

When I was a child there was a show on called "Magnum P.I." I've re-watched it as an adult. There's a regular character on it named Jonathan Higgins (played to the hilt by John Hillerman) who refers to himself as a "confirmed bachelor." When not providing alternately help and a foil to the titular character (played famously by Tom Selleck) he's devoting much of his time to hobbies, his club and charity work. In one episode, where the two main characters are charged with protecting a prickly older woman, Higgins states "the prospect of having a woman like that as my mother-in-law is why I've devoted myself to avoiding holy matrimony!" There is one episode where he is engaged to be married, but it was for entirely practical reasons. There is only one episode where he expresses romantic interest in anybody. But since he doesn't pursue it, even though he has the opportunity, I suspect it was really more about the respect he had for this person.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

its not aro, but the anti romance robot reminded me of a really good bit from red dwarf.

the crew are trying to teach Kryten, a mechanoid, humanity. They want him to break his programming.

in a lovely poke at the sci fi robot learning to love rubbish Lister teaches Kryten the human skills of lying and insults.

'Well, I'm truly grateful, sir.  Don't you think I'd love to be deceitful, unpleasant, and offensive?  Those are the human qualities I admire the most!  But I just can't do it.'

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2022 at 2:36 PM, roboticanary said:

its not aro, but the anti romance robot reminded me of a really good bit from red dwarf.

the crew are trying to teach Kryten, a mechanoid, humanity. They want him to break his programming.

in a lovely poke at the sci fi robot learning to love rubbish Lister teaches Kryten the human skills of lying and insults.

'Well, I'm truly grateful, sir.  Don't you think I'd love to be deceitful, unpleasant, and offensive?  Those are the human qualities I admire the most!  But I just can't do it.'

I thought about that episode too, but the part where Cat goes in to see what form the pleasure GELF takes, only to see himself!

"You mean I'm the object of my own desire?"

"Can you think of anyone more deserving?"

"Well when you put it like that I guess you're right. Damn my vanity! OOWWW!"

• Like 1