Something other countries than yours does weird

Holmbo

This is more a question for members from smaller countries. Do you have something you do in your country that other countries does different but you find your way better. Make your case.

Edited by Holmbo
  • Like 2

• Holmbo changed the title to Something other countries than yours does weird

Is this about the outrage I keep reading about that some Swedish people apparently do not feed their guests? 😅

I was going to say the Dutch are way better at cycling, since we have specialized roads for them to make it as safe as possible, but Google tells me Denmark is the safest country for cyclists... oh well. The point is, most other (European) countries I went to have little to no accommodation for cyclists. Belgium is notorious for those super small strips of road on the side of a highway were you are supposed to cycle (no thanks), and last time I went to London I thought 'should I rent one of these bikes here' and not a moment later a cyclist was hit by a taxi 😳

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Nix said:

Is this about the outrage I keep reading about that some Swedish people apparently do not feed their guests? 😅

😳

Haha no I was thinking about it because of the milk and cereal thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2022 at 11:32 PM, Nix said:

and last time I went to London I thought 'should I rent one of these bikes here' and not a moment later a cyclist was hit by a taxi 😳

😨

The London bicycle chase was legitimately the scariest part of the whole movie.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

😨

The London bicycle chase was legitimately the scariest part of the whole movie.

Now that I think about it that's such a shitty activity. Running on the sidewalk etc. You can kill someone if you hit them with a bike at high speed.

11 minutes ago, Holmbo said:

Now that I think about it that's such a shitty activity. Running on the sidewalk etc. You can kill someone if you hit them with a bike at high speed.

Of course it is, I don't condone it. It's illegal street racing for people who don't own a car. Which is also glorified in movies to no end.

I just know what cycling in a large city means and so this scene was very scary for me.

31 minutes ago, DeltaV said:

I just know what cycling in a large city means and so this scene was very scary for me.

Yeah that scene were she is almost hit by a car door is bringing back painful memories 😬 Sadly not everyone here uses the ‘Dutch reach’…

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DeltaV said:

Of course it is, I don't condone it. It's illegal street racing for people who don't own a car. Which is also glorified in movies to no end.

Yeah I get what you mean. I totally agree that street racing with cars is much worse. I commented on this because I realized that I didn't think about it at all when I watched the movie. The way she says "excuse me" when she runs right through those cafe tables as if she's just causing some mild inconvenience.

Anyways sorry for going kind off topic 😃

Edited by Holmbo

27 minutes ago, Holmbo said:

Yeah I get what you mean. I totally agree that street racing with cars is much worse. I commented on this because I realized that I didn't think about it at all when I watched the movie. The way she says "excuse me" when she runs right through those cafe tables as if she's just causing some mild inconvenience.

Anyways sorry for going kind off topic 😃

Yes, yes. I just found your reaction funny. As if this was the first movie that glosses over totally inexcusable stuff the protagonists do... and you: "Hooold on, that endangers innocent people!" :D

Since Lara Croft is supposed to be much nicer than the characters in Fast & Furious (who are still portrayed as "lovable rogues"), she only does illegal BICYCLE racing. If something goes wrong, at least she just kills a pensioner, and not a family of five. Ok, b2t, my humor is a bit twisted... :D

• Haha 1