Graysexuality

arotr

I think I technically qualify as graysexual, and I know many people count graysexuality as asexuality, but does anyone else here fall under graysexual and feel much more alloaro than aroace? I feel very in tune with sexuality as a concept -- I'm a writer and essentially all my writing is very sex-focused -- but I very rarely experience sexual attraction irl. However, I do have sex and therefore I feel like there is a substantial rift between myself and aroaces. Anyone else relate?

I don’t identify as graysexual(i’m aegosexual), but i can definitely relate to that. Sometimes i’ve been wondering if i’m more allo/aro than ace/aro, because i have sexual fantasies and kinks, i’m not sex repulsed at all and i’m very sex positive. 

For once, I'm going to be useful on contribute on topic...blink and you'll miss it though:

Lately I've been pondering that I could be "kinksexual", more than anything. Kinks interest me more than sex and romance, especially in recent years, and the thought of kink play alone tends to spark interest much more than a, if you pardon the expression, full-blown sexual relationship does. I rarely experience sexual attraction IRL as well, nor do I fall hard or long (yes, there I go again) for anyone in that regards. But the libido and possibility of attraction and desire is there.

Edited by SkyTuneRein
  • Like 1

I can relate. I don't call myself gray because I have terms that fit me better (neu aro and medusan) but I am technically gray. And yeah, one of the reasons why I don't vibe with graysexuality is because it's seen as inherently ace-apec.

I have kinks, I draw and enjoy NSFW content, and sex is important to me even though I rarely have it and rarely experience attraction. I know none of those things disqualify me from being ace-spec but it just wouldn't feel right to call myself that. I don't want to "pick a side" so I prefer to describe my sexuality in other ways.

• Like 2

I'm lithsexual, which means I do experience some sexual attraction (not often tho) and I have sexual fantasies....but I'm usually not a subject of them. I use the label lithsexual, because I can desire sex in theory..... but I don't think I want it in actuality. I mostly relate to asexuality, so I call myself asexual when I don't want or need to go into more detail. But sometimes I do feel disconnected from asexuality, since I like erotica and can certainly be attracted to female bodies in a sexual way.

There definitely are times if I wonder if I may be allosexual after all.

• Like 1