___

xbox or ps controller?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

xBox for the simple reason that it is Microsoft and your PC is probably windows.

You just plug&play an xBox Controller, maybe buy and calibrate a receiver, if you want a wireless one, but over all it's super easy. 

To get a PS controller working on a PC is just a pain in the ass. Plus, if you want to safe some money and buy last gens controllers (xBox 360 or PS3), you'll have a way better time with the xBox one. The PS4 controller is awesome, but it's predecessor has quite a few design flaws. 

I'd definitely recommend a wired Xbox 360 controller, unless you want to be able to connect multiple controllers to your PC or you already have spare wireless Xbox 360 controllers. I use a wired 360 controller, and I have had no issues with it. As @Kojote said, all you do is plug and play. As long as the game you are playing is compatible with a controller, it will work with no hassle.

I have a wireless one. Had to buy a (cheaper) receiver and follow some instructions on amazon to get it working. It's a minor hassle and as long as you don't wanna sit super far away from your PC, it's not really worth it. Now mine was gifted to me, so if you have a choice anyway I'm with @Zemaddog

A wired xBox 360 controller is probably your best bet =)  

9 minutes ago, Kojote said:

as long as you don't wanna sit super far away from your PC, it's not really worth it.

My wired 360 controller has a ~3 metre cable. While it's not as far as the 9 metres that a wireless controller can reach, it's definitely far enough to sit comfortably away from the PC. Plus, there's always the issue with batteries on a wireless controller which isn't a problem on a wired controller. Overall, you only really want a wireless controller under very specific circumstances, otherwise, a wired controller just beats out the wireless one.

Yeah, Xbox is a lot easier to get working. My brother managed to get the PS3 controller working on his PC but took quite a bit work and downloading stuff. But I don't really like the design of the PS3 controller and I've found the shoulder buttons are terrible. They get damaged so easily.. My PS2 controllers of ~11 years are in better condition than PS3 controllers of ~3 years.

Never had an issue with the 360 controllers (although I don't use controllers on my PC.. yet)

Archived