Mr

Guest Swagybuttfuck

Question

Guest Swagybuttfuck

Basically when me and my gf go drinking, she's a a very sociable person and this is were my insecurities come into play due to other men being friendly or "friendly" and it messes with my head because she gives the whole "don't you trust me thing" when I bring it up and it isn't that I just generally get protective and heated when there's a guy around here that I or we don't really know that well. She likes making new friends and I want that but it's at the cost of me getting my emotions all twisted over it because my brain can't decipher if the person in question is actually a good guy or someone who's looking to have more intimate time with her and it's happend before where the guy has been like that only wanting to date however, there's been some guys who've actually been the good ones "in my book." She doesn't like PDA so can't really give signs to people that I'm with her and that Ive tried suggesting that I see no harm in people that we are probably not gonna see again know we're dating

Overall I just want solution of sorts where her feeling are not hurt, understood and validated however I want the same in so of that. It's the time the point where I feel like I should just let her continue like this until she understands how I feel in some fucked up way but yeah. I'm ngl yeah I jealous guy but I want some valid advice that can potentially help me understand where I stand on the matter, thank you.

4 answers to this question

imo your gf is correct that she has the right to make friends with other men, and that you should trust her. But she also needs to be considerate of your needs and, from your side of the story, it sounds like she isn't. This is a situation where you both need to be on the same page. She should make it clear that she has a boyfriend when getting to know new people at places like bars where it's common for singles to hang out. If those people try to flirt with her regardless then that tells both of you that they have ulterior motives and aren't worth your time.

Have you also considered going to the bar with friends or other couples as a group, or going out to other places where flirting isn't as common?

I think its fine for your gf to talk to other men, making friends is fine! Also wthis is an aromantics forum, not a place to ask for relationship advice! /nm /lh