Can someone help me come out?

Bumble_Bee_

Question

7 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Bumble_Bee_ said:

Yeah I kinda figured it'd be different I just don't know how to do either

Fair enough. As long as you understand that.

As @Arsenic says. Wait till something sexual comes up in conversation.

Thinking back to when I was young that was something that happened quite often so there will be plenty of opportunity to casually mention that that isn't really something you are interested in.

The other thing I would suggest, as sad as this sounds, is to prepare yourself in case of a dissapointing response.

Make sure that if someone you tell does dismiss your identity you can counter that. Not for the sake of arguing with them, but more for your sake. By coming out you always take the risk that people will respond negatively and you will probably have a better time if you are confident in your identity and can counter criticism.

Wait until there is a sexual or romantic related conversation around you and say that you are not interested in those things because you are aroace.

Pd: I love your new profile photo, it is super cute.

Not sure to be honest. First thing though would be to think about who it is you want to come out to, why you want to come out to them and how knowledgeable you think they are about this sort of thing.

Advice for telling a friend at school is going to look very different to telling your mum for example.

10 hours ago, Arsenic said:

Pd: I love your new profile photo, it is super cute.

4 minutes ago, roboticanary said:

Advice for telling a friend at school is going to look very different to telling your mum for example.

Yeah I kinda figured it'd be different I just don't know how to do either

• Like 1