Is there a word for this type of attraction?

Angrboda

I know this is an odd question &, just to be clear, I'm not asking if I'm gay or straight. I've heard all sorts of words to describe the feeling of attraction to a certain sex or certain gender identity, but I have no idea what it's called if you're only attracted to people who's body is one way & who's gender identity is another. I'm attracted to bio males who are either nonbinary or more on the feminine side. Does anyone know if there's a word for that?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Angrboda said:

if you're only attracted to people who's body is one way & who's gender identity is another. I'm attracted to bio males who are either nonbinary or more on the feminine side. Does anyone know if there's a word for that?

Personally I really do not care about gender – so maybe I’m wrong… but even as an outsider I think one MAJOR issue here is that the people who do care would rather not want their bodies to be seen as inherently gendered.

There is a term for being sexually attracted to people who are not cisgender, which would be skoliosexual. But honestly this one sounds rather bad… reminds me of scoliosis.

Even the term skoliosexual is controversial.  Skolio means bent/broken and most trans people don't want to be seen that way.  I know there's a less controversial term, but honestly even the concept itself is controversial.  So-called "admirers" have a history of not behaving well to their trans lovers.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alto said:

Even the term skoliosexual is controversial.  Skolio means bent/broken and most trans people don't want to be seen that way.

I don’t know if “skolios” is supposed to refer to trans people here, or the people who are attracted to them, or the mode of attraction. Who or what is bent? But then “skolios” also means “perverse” in Greek which is hardly better.

Aside from the problematic etymological connections (which are largely unknown) I think the biggest problem is that “skoliosexual” just reminds everyone of a medical condition of the spine.