Romo songs I hate

Some of the best content on this forum is the lists of aro songs, and songs without romance that we really like. So I wanted to add in another part of aro music culture, complaining about how so much of music is romantic.  Feel free to add your suggestions but here are a few songs I want to nuke from orbit.

All I want for christmas is you - because this song is so damn annoying, and popular christmas music is at least less romantic than normal but then this comes along.

Every breath you take - Even the guy who wrote it thinks its creepy how many people think this song is a happy romantic tune. Not a bad song in theory but if someone I know likes this and thinks its cute I'm running away

You're beautiful - there is a reason James Blunt became rhyming slang, that is all I will say on this monstrosity

Wedding March - does anyone agree with me that the wedding march is a bit rubbish. Of all the classical music out there this is the thing that gets played at weddings. In a better world we could have the 1812 overture complete with party poppers. Or how about Vivaldi's Spring. 

Of course, in a perfect world couples would traditionally walk down the aisle to the tune of Entry of the Gladiators

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roboticanary said:

Wedding March - does anyone agree with me that the wedding march is a bit rubbish. Of all the classical music out there this is the thing that gets played at weddings. In a better world we could have the 1812 overture complete with party poppers. Or how about Vivaldi's Spring. 

It doesn't quite work in English, but when we were wee we would always sing "Now you're married, you can regret all you want because now you're married" to the tunes of the wedding march (i translated that poorly, good lord. for anyone who knows the language: "Nå erru gift, nå erru gift, nå kan du angre for nå erru gift"), which put a grim twist to it i think. mostly it came from kids bored at weddings hah.

It's not quite a song i hate, but lyrically I always liked Hey There Delilah a lot better when I imagined Delilah as his young daughter he was far away from, instead of his romantic interest. It doesn't work with all the lyrics, but overall i find the idea of a father sending his daughter songs he wrote and recorded for her while he's away a lot sweeter than the actual song. some of the wording just irks me? like "And we'll just laugh along because we know/That none of them have felt this way". alright dude, your feelings aren't superior.

• Like 1