I remember when just the smell of a crush was enough to make my stomach leap

Guest Hellishfish

Guest Hellishfish

When I was 16, a girl asked for my number and we got to talking. For a few days after that, even just the smell of her deodorant on my clothes was enough to make me fall in love. Now, six years later, I’m fully aromantic. Infatuation is beyond me. I miss it. That relationship ended uo begins seriously emotionally abusive, and I think that it scarred me against romance. I guess in a sense that would make me artificially aromantic? Like I wasn’t born this way, but became aromantic. What are other people’s thoughts on their time before aromantacism, and what made them aromantic?

I've always been aromantic and I think that's most people's experience here. But some aren't sure if their lack of romantic attraction is due to trauma or some neurological variation. 

Also some aros think they've felt romantic attraction but then looking back at it they realize it was sensual or aesthetic.

What did romantic attraction feel like for you?

• Like 1

For a long time in the past, I actually had crushes, or at least what I thought were crushes. Looking back, it was almost entirely aesthetic, and I distinctly remember with most of them not wanting much out of it. At least now I kinda have an explanation I guess.