Am I aro or demi?

Guest questioning

Question

Guest questioning

I've recently started wondering if I am aro or demi. I never had any crushes, whenever my friends asked me if I have a crush on anyone, I either redirect the conversation or just said no. I've recently figured out that I'm at least ace, I just don't know if I'm aro or demi too. I currently identify as a hetero ace. My friends helped me figure this out since most of them are part of LGBTQIA+, in fact one of them is an aro ace.

I can understand why some people would want to be in a romantic relationship, I just don't understand what the point is. How do you fall in love in the first place? I don't understand that part. I find it unnecessary and unconventional, but at the same time, I feel like I would like to be in one, in the very very far future. But I also feel like I would be fine if I never have one too. I would just become a cat owner, easy.

2 answers to this question

Keep in mind that wanting to be in a conventional romantic relationship is different from experiencing romantic attraction! It sounds to me like you've never experience that, in which case aromantic would fit best. But as Holmbo says, demi goes under the umbrella!

• Thanks 1