hello!

HAL

hi, i'm hal. looking for new spaces for aro/aces so i can maybe make some more friends. I'm a 19 year old (soon to be 20) agender aroace from the US.

i found out i was aro pretty recently — for a while i went with greyaro, but that didn't really seem to fit me. i didn't like the 'grey' part to describe myself. i had been in a 6-year entirely LDR relationship with an allo that i ended because the aro part was quickly becoming an issue.

i'd consider myself pretty romance-positive and favorable in fiction, but indifferent or averse to myself in real life. i love writing romance and crushes in fiction, but it has never come naturally to me. i don't know what crushes are like irl. the favorable part has got to be my hardest struggle with continuously second-guessing myself on whether or not im aro.

anyway, hi all!

Hello! and welcome to this forum! 

8 hours ago, HAL said:

for a while i went with greyaro, but that didn't really seem to fit me. i didn't like the 'grey' part to describe myself

Yes! sorry, anyways, I had the same experience and just got a bit excited there because there are a lot of people in the world and sometimes it can be a bit hard to find someone that went through similar stuff. Apologies about that

and I'm sure you will find that there are a lot of cool people out here to befriend 

Once again, Welcome!

• Like 1