just another introduction :D

Hi! I don't think there's really much to say. I've been lurking on this site for a while now, just trying to educate myself on aromanticism (google just tried to auto correct to "a romanticism" for the 525,600th time, aro erasure much? lol). I'm fairly sure I'm aroace, but I know that I'll probably go into another "well, am I really??" spiral in a few days. I try to remind myself that I'm comfortable with the label now, and if that changes, that's ok. 

I found the aro community after seeing a Pinterest post on demisexuals, going on a week long research frenzy, hyperventilating for a few hours because I realized I was ace, comforting myself because I thought that "romance isn't out of the picture, so it's okay", going on another week long research frenzy, then finally accepting that none of us know what the heck is happening anyway, so we might as well accept it.

But I'm really glad I did find it. Honestly, the aro community is probably one of the most friendly communities I know. Even the crochet and houseplant communities have their drama, surprisingly. Anyway, this intro was really all over the place, but I'm really excited to get to know you all! :D 

Edited by sunflowerfriend

Greetings from another newbie! Your experience of finding the aro and ace community sounds pretty similar to mine. I realized I was asexual, did a whole bunch of research, freaked out a bit, but thought "things will be okay because I'm not aromantic and can still have a mostly 'normal' life." It took me a while to accept that I was aro as well, but I got there eventually. I still have those spirals of doubt about my orientation, but like you said, 

1 hour ago, sunflowerfriend said:

none of us know what the heck is happening anyway, so we might as well accept it.

It's really nice to meet you, and I hope you have a great time here!

• Like 1