am i an aromantic pansexual?

Guest wafers

Question

hello everyone! ever since 7th grade, i’ve identified as pansexual. i didn’t figure out the correct meaning of pansexual until a while ago, i thought it meant being romantically and sexually attracted to anyone regardless of their gender, but it’s only a sexual attraction. 

i’ve always been boy/girl crazy and i’d end up having a new crush every week. but a year ago, i just became numb. i became numb and bored. nothing impressed me anymore and i never felt any kind  of excitement. i lost the desire of wanting to get into a relationship. i just wasn’t romantically attracted to anyone anymore. i forced myself to develop crushes on other ppl, but the feeling wasn’t genuine at all. i confessed to my friend and said i liked her, but i really didn’t. i never did. i even convinced myself that i was heartbroken when she rejected me, but i really didn’t care at all. i know i’d like to have sex with anyone regardless of their gender, but to be romantically involved with em? nah. so would that make me an aromantic pansexual? if not, what would i be?

^^ sry if this doesn’t really make any sense, i don’t have much experience with this kinda stuff. 

3 answers to this question

Hey, as someone who is aromantic bisexual, I had a similar experience of having a new crush every week, especially when I was a teenager. Then later I would sometimes get interested in people, but I never had the desire to date - just the idea of dating was like... meh... uncomfortable... no. I've never felt heartbreak at the end of a relationship, and I'd totally have sex with people of any gender.

TL;DR: My experience is really similar to yours and I'm aromantic bisexual.

Guest AngelDelor

That is what it sounds like, I have been through the exact same thing except for I forced myself to go through relationships as well as crushes and I would feel a huge wave of relief after breakups. Obviously I have had sexual attraction to any gender though so I know that I am obviously pansexual. I have figured out recently that I am most certainly pansexual aromantic and embraced it! I have never felt more free so honestly I hope this information helps and best of luck to you!